Friday, April 20, 2012

Scattered

A to Z Badge 2012 (1)

The time I spend in my craft room is enjoyable but budgeted, so I try to use it wisely.

When I begin a project, I like to start with a clean slate.  If I have stuff laying around from another project, I first have to put it away, even if I’m going to use some of the same items.  All the way down to sweeping the floor, even though it’s going to be covered in scraps two seconds later!  I’m weird that way I guess.

If I don’t, I begin to feel too scattered which, in turn, makes it hard for me to focus and get accomplished what I’m trying to create.  It slows me down. 

  Sometimes that even happens in the middle of what I’m doing.  I’m working on an altered book right now for a friend.    So, today everything got put away, except for the project layouts.  Unnecessary paper, paints, scraps are put away.  Floor is swept.  I’ve now got a clean work area, and I’m ready to get back on the project with a fresh room and a fresh mind to create! 

How about you?  Are you a clutter-bug, organized to a fault or somewhere in the middle?

Brenda

Being Spiritually Scattered is my “S” post on my other blog here.

2 comments:

  1. I would fall somewhere in the middle, but in the kitchen when cooking I am one who "cleans up the dishes as I go" if I can, or the minute something is in the oven, instead of waiting to the very end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in reality i am somewhere in the middle--in my heart and head, i am extremely organized ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to say it!